Wallington’s WRG commitment to safety – COVID-19 Update
Latest update: 1/8/2020 – No Mask, No Entry
The safety of our staff, customers and community is of the upmost importance to us during this time.
We had already made it compulsory for our staff members to wear face masks prior to the Premier’s announcement on Thursday 30th July. However, following Dan Andrew’s announcement, WRG have decided to implement a no mask, no entry policy for everyone entering our premises. This policy is effective from 7 AM Monday 3rd August. We kindly request all our customers to be respectful to our staff, should they ask you to wear one.
If you identify with one of the government exceptions where a face covering is not required, please speak to one of our senior sales leaders.
This policy is in addition to our existing condition’s of entry and safety measures already implemented. Please remember to stay at home if you are feeling unwell and please keep 1.5 metres away from other customers and staff members. We have hand sanitiser at every entry and exit point, we ask you to please use it upon arrival.
We understand this is a difficult time for all and ask for your understanding.
Please note, to help make this time easier we are offering, online ordering, contactless pick up and free delivery for orders over $50. To place an order please click here
Stay safe everyone!
Last update: 13/05/2020 –At Wallington’s WRG, our priority has always been the health and safety of our team and our customers.
Protect us and please respect our conditions of entry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
With that in mind, here are a few major steps we took so far;
- Strict social distancing of staff and customers at all times, at least 1.5m
- We have introduced maximum numbers of customers in our store and per aisle
- Our store is cleaned daily as part of our normal business operations. In light of COVID-19, we’re increasing the frequency and extent of cleanings, particularly areas of increased contact and taking steps to ensure all our customer service areas have ample hygiene and sanitation supplies available
- Updated store layout to offer more space for customers
- Hand sanitiser is available at varying locations throughout the store (also part of our normal operations), and we’ve instructed our teams to ensure hand sanitiser is available at all customer service points throughout the store
- Following the guidelines from The Department of Health and Human Services, we have advised all our staff to follow appropriate preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including staying home if they are feeling ill or believe they may be at risk
- We will be no longer accepting cash in store. Commencing on Friday 20th March all sales will now be card/Eftpos only
- Introduction of online ordering service with contact-less pickup and deliveries
As an essential service, we are OPEN and we plan on staying open but we ask our customers: Please do not come in, if you feel sick!
Please be patient and check our website, Facebook and Instagram pages for updates.
We are working hard every day to make Wallington’s WRG a safe, healthy and happy place to shop and work.
Thank you for being a loyal part of the Wallington’s WRG family.